Monday, January 17, 2011

I need to update this more...

So, I was thinking about how I haven't updated this in a while so I decided, "hey, let's do this thing". That is in fact how we ended up here. So, where to begin...

Last week I went to an advance screening of Red Riding Hood. I really, really enjoyed it. It's very teen-angsty (similar to Twilight) and I felt like it was exactly what I expected and wanted it to be. The really cool part was that after the movie, my friends and I were asked to be part of a focus group and Catherine Hardwicke (the director) was there. My friends were gracious enough to wait with me until everything was over so I could say hi and such and she was really, really sweet. That was a great day.

I also managed to get a real job! I know, it's about time. This coming Thursday I will take over my Hannah's job at Kumon and start shaping the minds of today's youth. It's pretty exciting. I feel like it's something that I would be fairly good at. It's kind of cool to be a contributing member of society (and to actually have some money).

Oh, a really cool thing I found out today was that my cousin Mikey got engaged, so congrats to him and Gina :)

This is a very non-cohesive blog and I realize I'm rambling but I just can't think of everything that's been going on. Hmmm, Hannah started her internship at Disney which is amazing and i'm so, so happy for her. My Katrina is doing amazing in her role at Cirque Berzerk (check it out) and was even called up to be part of Rihanna's next music video which is insanely awesome. I'm so happy for all her success.

I finally saw The Social Network which was really good. Andrew Garfield is absolutely adorable and Justin Timberlake and Jesse Eisenberg were just as good as everyone has said. I started reading the Gunslinger which is part of the Dark Tower Series by Stephen King. I'm enjoying it so far. I am very intrigued as to what exactly is going to happen (even though my sister spoiled the end of it for me a while ago)

I'm sure a lot of other things have happened but I am totally drawing a blank. I watched Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure will shall forever remain one of my favorite films. Oh, and the Golden Globes were today. Olivia Wilde and Angelina Jolie looked absolutely stunning and I was so, so happy Jim Parsons won. Sheldon definitely deserved it. That's really all I can think of right now.

I'm looking forward to hanging out with my Jackie on Tuesday because it's been way too long and yeah, that's about it. If I think of anything else earth-shatteringly amazing, i'll let ya'll know. Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment