Thursday, September 2, 2010

Recent Happenings

So, I've spent most of the week at Hannah's house helping to hold down the fort while her mom's in Florida. It's been pretty fun, I mean, it's generally been the same as it always is at Hannah's, save for the fact that she's been at school for some of the day[s]. I've been knitting, cleaning, watching movies and all that jazz. I managed to knit 3 bows which made me pretty happy.



(one of the bows I knitted, I made a green one and a taupe one as well)

I've been having lots of fun with netflix as well. I watched the first couple seasons of Myth Busters, Stop-Loss, the Mighty Ducks, The Land Before Time, S. Darko, The Stepford Wives and a movie called Teenage Dirtbag that I really enjoyed. S. Darko was entirely unnecessary and confusing but I didn't feel like it was as bad as I was told. I rediscovered my love for The Land Before Time, which I feel is the greatest children's movie ever and I want to watch it a million times over. I was really pleasantly surprised by Teenage Dirtbag. I only watched it at first because I like Scott Michael Foster, but I was genuinely surprised by how much I enjoyed it. It's nowhere near perfect but it has a good flow and kept my attention.

I went on a mini cleaning spree too which made feel productive. I realized that I enjoy cleaning for the most part, I just really don't like putting away clean dishes. It may seem odd because it's a fairly easy job but I just don't like it at all.

Other than, some not so fun things have happened this week. My friends grandfather passed away which is never fun, but at the same time he has been sick for a while so I'm glad he's not suffering anymore. Also, my cousin is having his leg amputated tomorrow. It's been a long time coming but it still sucks because he's such an upbeat and wonderful person and he doesn't deserve to be going through this.

Anyway, that's just a little bit of an update for the few [one] person who reads this.

--Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment